Update May 9:
PUBLIC HEARING Monday, May 11th – 5:30 – 7:30 at the State House
Arrive no later than 4:45 to be put on the testimony list. We are told that names will be drawn from a hat to decide who gets to speak…
ACTIONS FOR WEEKEND (MOTHER’S DAY)
“…We affirm the right for all individuals, including parents and guardians on behalf of children or incapacitated adults , to prior, free and informed consent to vaccination, which is a preventive medical procedure. We oppose any law or policy that would coerce people to vaccinate against their religious, philosophical, medical or personal beliefs…” Click here to view full statement. –
however, we support the May 8th Donahue Amendment …
– Please call your Reps at home this weekend – lookup numbers here.
– Please also fax and email the Governor this weekend, lookup numbers here.
– Ask your Reps to support keeping the philosophical exemption… or, as an alternative, the Donahue Amendment of May 8th – which can be read here: http://www.vaxchoicevt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/alt-med-exemption.pdf
Messages (use at public hearing too):
– If you take away the philosophical exemption, you will force me to pretend to be religious and I will take the religious exemption.
– I heard the doctor lobby wants to remove the religious exemption next and if that happens I will pull my kids out of school (some parents are already considering suing their school districts).
– Why not support the right to free choice?
– The Donahue Amendment from May 8th is an alternative, If Harry Chen’s goal is to raise vaccination rates. This will be more effective than repealing the philosophical exemption… Then again, if he wants 100%, why not repeal all exemptions – medical, religious, philosophical and provisional?
BACKGROUND – See Action Alert from May 8, 2015:
OPPOSE MOVE TO REPEAL NON-MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS TO VACCINES IN VERMONT
Vermont needs to urgently mobilize to stop a draconian move to strip Vermonters of their health freedoms. Harry Chen, Commissioner of Health, has recommended that the House Healthcare Committee REPEAL non-medical exemptions. Commissioner Chen also claims that the Governor is now neutral on the issue. (In the past, Governor Shumlin has stated he is opposed to mandatory vaccines.) Shockingly, the bill to repeal vaccine exemptions is now moving towards a vote even though there is no justification.
Click here to read the amendment and scroll to page 3. Please note that although this bill still retains the religious exemption, there is solid information from inside the Statehouse that the religious exemption will be repealed as well. Commissioner Chen has instructed that ALL non-medical exemptions be removed.
ACTION TO TAKE:
1) PLEASE DROP EVERYTHING and make arrangements to come to the PUBLIC HEARING Monday, May 11th – 5:30 – 7:30. We need to FILL the Statehouse to overflow so please bring your family and friends to stand up for freedom.
2) CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at home this weekend: you are opposed to MANDATORY VACCINATION and expect them to vote NO on mandatory vaccination. To find you Representative click here.
3) CALL and EMAIL and FAX the GOVERNOR. Message: Protect our children from big pharma! VETO mandatory vaccination in Vermont!
(Mon-Fri) Phone: 802 828-3333
Fax: 802 828-3339
Email click here: http://governor.vermont.gov/contact-us
4) Email your elected Representatives and the Governor this link of Vermont testimony given by Robert F Kennedy, Jr.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2UJ2oBeya0 – – ask that they watch the testimony and ask that they view Trace Amounts before the vote (let us know if they request a copy and we will get a FREE link to them ASAP). Contact [email protected]
Talking Points – points 1-10 pertain directly to the situation at this time:
- You are totally OPPOSED to mandatory vaccinations.
- ALL children in Vermont need to be protected, including vaccine sensitive children.
- The CDC vaccine division is corrupt and public admissions of this corruption by senior CDC scientist turned whistleblower Bill Thompson prove this.
- Parents are the last line of defense in protecting the health of their children. Parents alone know what is best for their children and parents alone are responsible when vaccines go wrong.
- Preserve the rights of ALL Vermonters now and into the future: KEEP VACCINATION VOLUNTARY IN VERMONT.
- According to America’s Health Rankings, Vermont children are the second healthiest in the country. There is NO justification to force those who decline vaccinations to use them.
- There is no health emergency anywhere in the US to warrant this kind of draconian, intrusive legislation.
- Why this is personal to you: a vaccine reaction in someone you know, harassment, etc.
- Your body and your children’s bodies do not belong to the state. You want to be free to choose how you nourish and keep yourselves healthy. This bill takes away the right to informed consent to vaccination for our children. I am pro-information and pro-civil rights.
- The safety of vaccines is not absolute and no medical doctor would sign a statement that vaccine safety is absolute. The US Supreme Court recognizes vaccines to be “unavoidably unsafe” (http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-152.pdf) and to cause injury and death in some recipients. The US government has paid out more than $3 billion to the victims of vaccine injury. Hundreds of thousands have reported an adverse reaction to vaccination. Vaccine package inserts warn of the risk of brain damage, life-threatening allergy, and death and no one knows in advance who will be harmed by a vaccine.
- Vaccines fail even in fully vaccinated people and no one knows who will not respond to a vaccine nor how quickly the vaccine’s protection will wane if it did provoke a response in the first place.
- Vaccinated individuals can spread disease for several weeks after receiving a live virus vaccine.
- Vaccine makers and the healthcare providers who administer them bear zero liability for vaccine injuries and deaths. Vaccine makers have no incentive to make vaccines safe.
- Most of the vaccines given today are for diseases that are either rare or mild. For example, there have been no deaths from measles during the last 10 years, but 108 deaths reported after the MMR vaccine during the same time period.
- It is immoral to force a person to inject a pharmaceutical product into their body, or anything for that matter, even more so when that product could injure or kill them.
- There are many other ways to stay healthy: a healthy diet, adequate rest, sunshine and exercise, etc. without any risk of vaccine injury.
- If we mandate vaccines, will we also mandate other medical procedures, such as fetal ultrasound, mammograms and colonoscopy? Will we dictate medical procedures based on genetic testing? Will we have a medical police to determine whether someone can leave the house with a cough?
- Children today receive 69 doses of vaccines for 16 different viral and bacterial illnesses which more than doubles the government childhood schedule of 34 doses of 11 different vaccines in the year 2000. A vaccine exemption is filed regardless of whether it is for one dose or all doses. Thirty-five doses and 5 more unique vaccines have been added to the schedule in the last 15 years. Those supporting forced vaccination are being dishonest by not acknowledging the exploding vaccine schedule while sounding alarms over small increases in overall non-medical exemptions.
- There are hundreds of new vaccines in development including some of the following in clinical trials: HIV, herpes, E. coli, dengue fever, avian influenza, smallpox, tuberculosis, typhoid, norovirus, cholera, smoking cessation, syphilis, and gonorrhea. If vaccine manufactures and others who profit from forced vaccination convince legislators to take away our right to delay or decline a vaccine now, what will our future look like?
- In the past 5 years, drug makers have paid the U.S. Government 19.2 billion in criminal and civil FRAUD penalties. Skepticism of the pharmaceutical industry is well deserved.
- Physicians, in the American Medical Association Code of Ethics, affirm philosophical and religious exemptions for themselves. See Opinion 133 Routine Universal Immunization of Physicians. Parents should have that same right.