While industry tries to blame “refusers”, the science & research continues to roll in on mumps vaccine failure. Research article: Waning immunity against mumps in vaccinated young adults, France 2013 – Eurosurveillance, Volume 21, Issue 10, 10 March 2016
Subclinical or mild disease among the vaccinated (VaccinationNews).
Speed The Shift: 12 part series: A Comprehensive Review of Vaccines
Part 5: Are Vaccines Safe & Effective?
- HPV Vaccine Talk – Woodstock, Vermont: Saturday, March 5th at 10:30 am
- Goddard College Radio – Monday March 7th at 9 am (live stream at wgdr.org)
- One size doesn’t fit all: A philosophy of medicine – by Dr. Clif Steinberg of Westminster Station, Vermont
- Documents Relating to the History of Medicine, Diseases, Therapies and Vaccines – by Jacqueline Brook of Putney, Vermont.
- Freedom of Choice – by Marcia Bruno of Jacksonville, Vermont
Olmsted on Autism: 1979 Wyeth Memo on DPT (age of autism)
Feb. 5, 2016
“Routine Tdap did not prevent pertussis outbreaks.” – Nicola P. Klein, Joan Bartlett, Bruce Fireman, Roger Baxter; Pediatrics, March 2015 (Waning Tdap Effectiveness in Adolescents) http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2016/02/03/peds.2015-3326
Arumugham, J Develop Drugs 2015: Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the Development of Food Allergies and Its Implications for Vaccine Policy (pdf version)
IN THE NEWS
A Closer Look at Pharmaceutical Companies – Speed the Shift, Feb 8, 2016
AUSSIE PHD UNDER FIRE FOR STANCE ON VACCINES: “This is a discriminatory policy against educated parents and their healthy children, and it infringes on human rights” – Dr. Judy Wilyman (PhD) – Read more…
FLU VACCINE FOR ALL? A CRITICAL LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE : by Eric A. Biondi, MD, MS; C. Andrew Aligne, MD, MPH – MEDSCAPE
The summer 2015 edition of the Weston A. Price Foundation’s quarterly journal, Wise Traditions in Food, Farming, and the Healing Arts, was devoted to the subject of vaccinations— find it here.
THE PUSH IS ON… It may be “ruled legal,” but is it right to force-drug American children against their parent’s best judgement with liability-free pharma? Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21414.pdf
Congressional Research Service, May 21, 2014
- How many shots compared to when we were kids? (get .pdf here)
Visit www.voicesforchoice.com to take action.
- In October 2014, we sponsored a 4 CEU credit course given by Dr. Suzanne Humphries. Watch now:
Attend an Event.
Make a contribution to help support future events >>>
Did you know that in 2016 your parental right to medical decision making will be restricted by the State? Passed in 2015, Act 37 removes a parent’s right to have a “philosophical conviction” opposing state-mandated child vaccination, effective July 2016.
For now, the law keeps a “religious exemption” intact. However, a bill has already been introduced to do away with all non-medical exemptions in VT (see: H.212). Lobbyists say that this bill to remove the religious exemption will not be touched during an election year. Are you willing to wait and see?
Act 37 was not fully vetted by lawmakers because it was the result of a “sneak amendment” orchestrated by the American Academy of Pediatrics and pharmaceutical interests. In just one month, the industry managed to attach major vaccine policy changes to another bill that had already passed the house and even switched committees in the process. The new law was signed by the Governor Peter Shumlin on May 28, 2015 and includes a report to be made to the legislature on feasibility of mandatory vaccination for school staff. Teachers, administrators and janitors take note: H266, a bill to require mandatory vaccination for school teachers and administrators, has already been introduced.
There are many elements to the new mandatory vaccine law (Act 37), effective July 2016. Click here for a detailed overview.
Also, “rulemaking” is going on now at the Health Department and there is a public comment period open through Dec. 2nd. Click here for a detailed overview of the proposed rule that is supposed to implement the new law. File a comment, here.
File a comment, here.
File a comment, here.
Citizens have been told by David Englander, Attorney for the DOH that, “Shortly after the conclusion of the public comment period the Department will file the final proposed rule, including any revisions based on public comment and a response to all issues raised during the public comment period, with the Secretary of State’s Office (SOS) and the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules (LCAR). Members of the public can testify in favor of or against the rule when LCAR meets to consider the rule. For information about the day and time this rule will be considered at LCAR and how to testify at LCAR contact Katie Pickens at [email protected] or (802) 828-5760.”
File a comment, here.
It is critical that your elected lawmakers hear from families and schools that will be impacted by the new law, because they have been told there will be no fiscal/economic impact. Lawmakers need to know that there is indeed an impact on families schools – and this is our chance to speak up.
Proposed Rules Call for:
The following persons in VT will be affected by Act 37 :
- children enrolled in a child care facility or pre-kindergarten.
- students enrolled in kindergarten. elementary school, secondary school.
- students in post-secondary school.
- health care providers.
- child care and school administrators.
Act 37 is 19 pages long and has several components you must know about:
- Requires reports to the Dept. of Health when a person has reason to believe another person is sick – shall tattle within 24 hours (see section 2 on 18 VSA sec 1001).
- Requires all schools to make publicly available aggregate vaccination rates of the student body to all parents and students (see section 3 which amends 18 VSA sec 1121).
- Removes the right of parents and/or students to hold philosophical beliefs in opposition to the State’s universal list of mandatory vaccinations listed as required for daycare, pre-K, K, and all schools (public, private, independent, primary, secondary, post-secondary) (see section 4 which amends 18 VSA sec 1122).
- Requires the Dept. of Health to adopt rules together with the Agency of Education and Dept. of Children and Families that shall LIST which vaccine doses will be required for Vermont schools (see section 5 which amends 18 VSA sec 1123).
- Collection and reporting of data on chid vaccination status in 1st and 8th grades (see section 6 which amends 18 VSA sec 1124).
- Grant the Dept. of Health the power to implement “quality improvement intitiatives” at any school that has a vaccination rate below “the average” (see section 7 which adds 18 VSA sec 1125).
- Requires the participation of all Vermont residents in a Mandatory vaccination registry (adults and children) with no opt-out or penalty for violation of privacy and allowance for any researcher with IRB approval to have access to these records (see section 8 which amends 18 VSA sec 1129).
- Establishes an advisory council on vaccination practice – there is no public membership or dissenting member (see section 9 which adds 18 VSA sec 1131).
- Makes VAERS reporting mandatory for all healthcare providers (see section 10 which adds 18 VSA sec 1132).
- Sets up a committee to look at the legality of making mandatory vaccinations required for all school administrators, faculty and personnel (see section 11).
- Effective: July 2015 except sections 4 and 6 (see section 12).
The Dept. of Health has begun to set forth how they envision this law to be enforced. Their draft proposal includes an intensive and complicated vaccine schedule which mandates all CDC recommended vaccines within 2 years of recommendation and imposes penalties on daycare and school administrators who do not exclude children if these children are not in compliance with a new law. You can read their draft proposal, which is incomplete, here.
This update is by no means an exhaustive analysis of the new law or the rules being proposed. Please read the new law for yourself and if you have comments or concerns about Act 37 or how it is being implemented, please send them ASAP to:
Vermont Department of Health
PO Box 70, 108 Cherry Street
Burlington, VT 05402
- Be sure also to send a copy to your lawmaker and if you wish, copy us- Thanks
- This page will be updated with further comments as they are received from others and developed by VCVC team members….
WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO FILE AN “EXEMPTION” or get a doctor’s note TO SAY NO TO AN INJECTION???
FORMS: – [PDF] VaccineDose Religious Exemption Form – Vermont Department of Health – [PDF] VaccineDose Medical Exemption Form – Vermont Department of Health
Vaccination and Health Outcomes: A Survey of 6- to 12-year-old Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Children based on Mothers’ Reports. Front. Public Health (Frontiers in Public Health, November 2016) Learn more: AAPS Fact Sheet on Mandatory Vaccinations. Ballotpedia Vermont 2016 Election Results may be found here.
Last year, 36 Vermonters were sent to the emergency room after vaccination.
Read the full 2015 report here.
Sixth Annual Vaccine Awareness Week Nov. 8-14, 2015.
The 2016 vaccine schedule requires 69 doses / 50 injections+3 oral vaccines. Don’t want them all? Tell your Elected VT Representative: #REINSTATEthePE. [tweetthis]#REINSTATEthePE, #Vermont. Preserve the right to parental #choice and consent. @govpetershumlin[/tweetthis] – Find contact info, here.
#CDCTruth leaders, activists and parents joined together to protest in front of the CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Ga. on October 23, 2015 rally support and awareness regarding the link between the MMR vaccine and autism.
2008: New York nurses speak out against the mandatory swine flu vaccination.
“Don’t forget, you still have the religious exemption – you don’t need a letter from your pastor or from your rabbi or wherever, if you claim that you, that your religion doesn’t allow you vaccinate, then that gets you out of it.”
– Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, May 18, 2015. (VPR)
Vaccine Makers Enjoy Immunity from Liability.
Please consider joining us today. >> Visit www.voicesforchoice.com
Want to delay or say no to even one booster shot? Better help us on hold on to our our exemption rights… Help us educate the public as to why Vermont’s Philosophical Exemption is essential… Become a member, today –
DId you know?
- The ability to “exempt” from mandatory vaccination on grounds of health philosophy, is scheduled to end on June 30, 2016. TAKE ACTION NOW – ask your lawmaker to reinstate our philosophical exemption!
What else can you do?
1. SIGN CDC FRAUD PETITION
2. Join our mailing list … click here
UPDATE: ALL VERMONT LAWMAKERS are RECEIVING LETTERS FROM US…
3. Please follow up with your Vermont lawmakers
- See CDC letter sent to those who supported our rights HERE/ see CDC letter sent to those who opposed our rights HERE).
- Also, the VT Dept of Health has identified HPV vaccine “uptake” as a priority this year. But in trying to achieve their sales targets, they are not being truthful or balanced in the information they are providing to Vermont consumers. This has to change. We have sent a letter, cc-ing ALL VERMONT SENATORS AND REPS, outlining the science that disputes what the health department is telling consumers. You can read it here: Letter to Health Department on HPV Vaccine false and misleading claims.
August, 2015 – We are petitioning Senator Leahy, Senator Sanders and Congressman Peter Welch to please investigate alleged CDC fraud and malfeasance.
1. Read, download, print and share the Briefing Document.
2. Sign the Petition.
3. Read, download, print and share the Press Release.
4. Contact your Vermont lawmaker: Find your elected VT lawmaker’s phone numbers here. Remind them that we should all demand nothing short of transparency, honesty and ethical conduct from the government agencies charged with the health and safety of our children. In light of alleged CDC research fraud, ask for them to call for an immediate, independent investigation and reinstatement of Vermont’s philosophical vaccine exemption.
- Read our letter to Governor Shumlin, Dr. Harry Chen and Speaker Shap Smith, calling for a reinstatement, HERE
- Letters have also been sent to all Vermont lawmakers. Contact yours today! Find your elected VT lawmaker’s phone numbers here.
Lancet (Aug 2015): Making vaccination truly compulsory: well intentioned but ill conceived.
“Every Last One” by Louise Kuo Habakus on the false narrative of the righteous “pro-vaccine” vs. dangerous “anti-vaxxers.”
8/26/2015 British Medical Journal: Vaccine mandates in the US are doing more harm than good, By Allen S. Cunningham, MD
This year, parents plan to continue to file philosophical vaccine exemption forms to modify or say no to VT’s now mandatory (unless religious) school vaccine schedule.
Note: Parents are reporting difficulty in obtaining vaccine exemptions from doctors. Are you having the same problems? Please, contact us HERE.
Thank you for visiting. We believe that vaccine choice is a human right, and that parents should be provided with fair and accurate information about the medical products that their children are prescribed – most especially, vaccines.
- How did your Vermont Elected Persons Vote on the issue of vaccine choice? (Click here to send a polite, intelligent email and request a meeting).
- A Measles Death, Vaccines, and the Media’s Failure to Inform. There is a discussion to be had about public vaccine policy. The media ought to start having it … by Jeremy R. Hammond. Read: Foreign Policy Journal- July 5, 2015
- Benjamin M. Althouse, Samuel V. Scarpino. Asymptomatic transmission and the resurgence of Bordetella pertussis. Read: BMC Medicine, 2015.
>Vaccine Choice FAQs.
>Look up Vaccine Ingredients here.
Did you know?
> In 2007, there was a bill introduced to mandate HPV vaccination in Vermont.
> Until 2012, Vermont respected differing preventative health philosophies when it came to vaccines. The form was relatively easy to fill out. In 2012 there was a failed attempt to remove Vermont’s Philosophical Vaccine Exemption but the form was changed and heavy tracking of those refusing any state-mandated vaccine, was placed upon schools. (link to VTDigger/Vermontbiz)
>In 2015, several bills were introduced to remove exemption rights and to enhance tracking of those refusing any state-mandated vaccine. A last-minute amendment was jammed onto another bill a month before end of session, and in just 29 days, with only very limited testimony taken, Vermont’s philosophical exemption was repealed. Many parents protested and continue to work to reverse this decision. Please get involved today.
May 27, 2015
- A closed book on a debate that should open minds: Despite all that vaccinations have done for us, how can we take Big Pharma at its word? (CommonsNews.org)
- Anti-Mandatory Protesters Urge Shumlin to Veto Mandatory Vaccine Bill (VTDigger)
May 26, 2015
- Veto, please (Times Argus)
Thank you to all the 50+ brave warriors who came out – on a work day no less – to call on Governor Peter Shumlin to do the right thing (read more).
Open Letter Petitioning Governor Peter Shumlin to Veto H98.
Several Vermont citizens have written an open letter to Governor Peter Shumlin on why he should veto H98. Join them in signing this open letter: Preserve our right as parents to make informed medical decisions for our children.
May 18, 2015
- Watch Vermont Senate 2 hour testimony here.
- Watch Vermont House Public Hearing here.
- Watch Vermont House Floor Debate here: (Part 1 and Part 2).
- Voices for Vaccine Choice, 2015 … (read more…).
May 14, 2015
- Breaking~ VT Philosophical Exemption repealed by House and Senate … (Read the bill) …
- Dear Governor Shumlin … (read more) ….
“…We affirm the right for all individuals, including parents and guardians on behalf of children or incapacitated adults , to prior, free and informed consent to vaccination, which is a preventive medical procedure. We oppose any law or policy that would coerce people to vaccinate against their religious, philosophical, medical or personal beliefs…” Click here to view full statement.
Despite vaccination rates up and exemption rates down, VT Health Commissioner aims at repeal of non-medical exemptions, wants 100% of Vermonters vaccinated.
May 13, 2015
Thank you so much to the 300+ individuals who showed up last night to stand up for our rights. Sadly, the Vermont House of Representatives voted today to repeal our philosophical exemption (H98).
The amendment that we had agreed to support was valiantly drafted and explained by Rep. Donahue. It was also supported by many Reps. on the floor, but lost by a hairline margin of 73-71.
After the amendment failed, Representatives Till, Dakin, Poirier, Pearson, Bankroft and Briglin ponied in a 85-57 vote to repeal Vermont’s philosophical vaccine exemption. All in all, our House Representatives were worn out, tired, and eager to go home. Many questioned why so much time was spent on this topic so late in the session, and wondered if we should delay consideration until January, 2016.
The exact language of what passed the house, and the official roll call are not yet publicly available. The House version that passed today slightly expanded the medical exemption, delayed implementation of repeal until July 2016, and included a study group to explore how to implement mandatory vaccination of school staff. It will head to the Senate (probably Thursday) for a vote of concurrence.
WHAT YOU CAN DO.
- The Governor may wish to hear from you about how this decision will impact your family and your children, your schools and your communities. Telephone him Weds-Fri,8-5 pm, at (802) 828 3333– [email protected].
- Find your Senator(s) hereand call them Weds-Fri, 8-5 pm at (802) 828 2228, to ask for support in preserving your right to say no to big pharma. http://legislature.vermont.gov/bill/QuickSearch/2016?SearchBy=Name&SearchBills=&SearchLegislators=&SearchCommittees=
- Touch base with your representative(s) to discuss how they voted and why. Thank your representatives is they voted to preserve the exemption. The many Reps. who voted “anti-choice” are glad that “this Thing” is finally just going to go away. Do you think that they are correct in this assessment? Be polite and kind…
May 6, 2015: More Testimony submitted to House Healthcare
May 5, 2015:
If you support choice, and oppose mandatory vaccination,
CALL your Representatives at home Sat+Sun
- Find your representative contact information HERE.
- Come to the State House on Monday for the public hearing.
Support health choice when it comes to drugs for your children – Preserve the right to “exemption” from mandatory vaccination. Call your representatives NOW.
We are not advocating for “no vaccinations” – we are advocating for the program to remain voluntary, with philosophical exemptions.
The debate about compulsory vaccination is fundamentally one of individual control over one’s own body versus perceptions of public safety. “When personal liberty is restricted to protect public health, the measures applied must be effective, the least restrictive (i.e. least liberty-infringing), proportional to the risk, equitable and non-discriminatory, minimally burdensome and in line with due process. Those whose liberty is violated should, when appropriate, be compensated, particularly if they experience vaccine-associated side-effects. In addition, individual rights should be restricted only with utmost respect for the dignity of persons.” http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/91/4/12-113480/en/
This issue demands an examination from multiple perspectives: human rights, corporate influence, constitutional law, education policy as well as public health. Each of these issues deserves a thorough examination by our Legislature, not a repeat of what occurred in the Senate. The families who will be most effected by this decision deserve a public hearing and the ability to testify in committee. Health, Education and Judiciary Committees should all hear of the impact of such draconian legislation.
Please urge your House representative to vote no on H98.
These are some of the open questions:
- What vaccines are next to be mandated? (Vermont purchased $2.5 million of HPV vaccines, plus many others not “required” this year. For list of the required vaccines – click here. For list of the purchased vaccines – click here.
- Why are vaccine reactions routinely ignored and why do they go unreported?
- Why are public record requests to the Vermont Department of Health to release immunization rates for the current school year (2014-2015) still pending?
- Why does the vaccination rate target continue to rise every few years? There was no “golden age” from which we are falling (click here to see more). Immunization rate goals are now near 100%, but pharma should never be forced just to meet changing “goals”.
- We all want healthy and safe children. Recently vaccinated people can pose a risk due to viral shedding – why are they not kept away from school during the shedding period? Waning vaccine-induced immunity has been shown to be the major culprit in whooping cough and maybe even measles outbreaks, why do we not perform titer testing to see who is immune as an alternative?
- Why not support the right of parent to make choice, especially when there is no liability for these vaccine products?
- The Senate has not addressed issues of fundamental fairness. For example, a vaccinated child who is already infected with Hepatitis-B would be allowed in school, while a healthy child not vaccinated for Hepatitis-B would be excluded. A child presumably too sick to attend school will be allowed to attend, while a healthy, partially vaccinated or untreated child will be excluded from any child care or even private school school if the bill passes? Immune-compromised children already have special accommodation in the case they cannot attend school; are they really safe going into large crowds?
The education of present and future school children hangs in the balance.
“You don’t have to be anti-vaccination to be anti-medical mandate. If there is a risk, there must be a choice. Please support our rights as Americans and our rights as parents to decide on the best medical care for our children” – from Tahoe, California
Join our mailing list! – Sign up here.
Download, print and share – Brochure: Support Freedom.
- National Vaccine Information Center – comments on draft national program for adult vaccination NVIC-comment-NVAC-NAIP-2015
- Vaccine Errors Reported from USA (Part I), December 4, 2014 (link).
- Recommendations For Practitioners To Prevent Vaccine Errors (link).
- Front Neurol. 2015: Biopersistence and Brain Translocation of Aluminum Adjuvants of Vaccines http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4318414/ (mentioned also in Dr. Mercola’s excellent article on this subject)
Join Us …
Get on the mailing list – Click to subscribe.
Make a donation to support our 2015-2016 lobby efforts >>>>>>
- Checks may be sent to: VCVC, PO Box 74, Waitsfield, VT 05673.
Support Medical Freedom.
Why must we ask for permission to say “no, thanks” to mandatory medicine?
“…We affirm the right for all individuals, including parents and guardians on behalf of children or incapacitated adults , to prior, free and informed consent to vaccination, which is a preventive medical procedure. We oppose any law or policy that would coerce people to vaccinate against their religious, philosophical, medical or personal beliefs…”
Click here to view full statement.
… for Trace Amounts, April 21st @ the Roxy in Burlington, Vermont, 7 pm.
From the Mad Hatter Syndrome in the late 1800’s, to Pink Disease in the first half of the 20th to the Iraqi Grain Incident in the early 1970’s, humans have learned time and again of the debilitating neurological and physical damage that mercury can cause. Then why and how did it end up in our childhood vaccines? Trace Amounts explores the origin of the use of mercury in the vaccines and exposes the continued greed based decision to keep mercury in the vaccines through several decades. Could a tragedy, which brought one of the greatest nations to its knees and stole a generation of children, have been avoided? Watch Trace Amounts and you decide. Advance Ticket Sales Only will guarantee a seat. Visit: http://gathr.us/screening/10860.
It’s ok to “support immunizations” and still support the Right to Choose by keeping the program VOLUNTARY – with philosophical and religious exemptions from mandatory medicine.
This website is a place to start exploring the science that the industry refuses to acknowledge, the science they do not want parents to consider when making these important decisions for their children. Thanks for visiting!
- Are the “unvaccinated” a threat?
- What about protecting those in our community who are most at risk?
- We are now facing an unprecedented Abuse of School Mandates.
- The Theory of Herd Immunity, by Marco Cáceres
- Do Vaccines Promote Health?