See also: Measles Recent Science.
“Mumps cases rose dramatically in the U.S. in 2016, with approximately 5,311 cases reported, according to the CDC. Eight states have reported an outbreak of 100 people or more.” – ABC news
3/15/2016: Research article: Waning immunity against mumps in vaccinated young adults, France 2013 – Eurosurveillance, Volume 21, Issue 10, 10 March 2016
– “Age at mumps infection in France, as well as in other countries, has shifted from childhood to adolescence and young adulthood following the introduction of MMR vaccination in the routine childhood immunisation schedules [2,9,10,14,18]. The majority of cases in our study population were vaccinated in childhood and had low residual protection in young adulthood, with little difference between those who had received one or two doses.”
– “Vaccine effectiveness among individuals who had received only one dose was 49% (adOR 0.51; 95%CI 0.2–1.2) and 55% for two doses (adOR 0.45; 95%CI 0.2–0.9), compared with unvaccinated individuals.”
– “Our findings are consistent with observations of mumps outbreaks among highly vaccinated young adults in many countries in recent years, suggesting secondary vaccine failure: in Ireland (2004-05) , the US (2006 and 2009-10) [3,10,16,19], England and Wales (2011) , Serbia (2012)  and the Netherlands (2013) . Waning vaccine-conferred immunity in the absence of natural boosters in individuals who had received their last MMR dose many years before was suggested as one of the most important reasons contributing to the occurrence of outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations [9,14,16,21]. A combination of other suggested reasons included a lower-than-expected vaccine effectiveness…“
Update 6/10/2014: The Merck MMR whistleblower lawsuit is still going on and the case continues to be ignored by the mainstream media, except for the business press. pdf documents:
Mumps outbreaks even in 100% vaccinated populations, Guam. Note that vaccine industry reps argued that a third dose of MMR should be added. No mention of the whistleblower lawsuits on fraudulent efficacy data during ACIP Meeting, Feb, 2012
Did you know that as of May 18, 2013, there have been 202 cases of mumps in the US? (source: CDC)
Where is the media frenzy? The hysteria? The call from the Health Department and outrage over vaccination rates? There is none. Because the vaccine is failing, the usual “push” is noticeably absent. Here are some direct quotes from University Health Services and/or Health Departments on the mumps outbreaks:
– in Massachusetts, the students who got the mumps had been vaccinated.
‘The “perpetrators” are not unvaccinated students – the university has a 98-99% vaccination rate’.
‘You are still at risk if you have both MMRs’
‘The MMR may be one vaccine, but there are different rates of
effectiveness for measles, mumps, and rubella’
This is from KRISTIN WARD, MPH
LEAD EPIDEMIOLOGIST, CAMBRIDGE PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
… Holy Cross reported their outbreak, adding that, “All Holy Cross students (except for those very few with medical waivers) are appropriately immunized with MMR vaccine“
– in Virginia, the students who got the mumps had been vaccinated.
… (reported by NJ public health): “All cases are in UR [University of Richmond] students with a documented history of two doses of mumps-containing vaccine.”
– in Maryland, the students who got the mumps had been vaccinated.
Do you see a trend here?
Maybe it is time to seriously investigate the fraud claims of the Merck virologists who allegedly, “witnessed firsthand the improper testing and data falsification in which Merck engaged to artificially inflate the vaccine’s efficacy findings.”
Read more examples of disease outbreaks in the vaccinated.
Image credit: http://healthinessbox.com/2012/04/05/mumps-a-viral-infection/